Terms and Conditions which you must follow in order to use our Website:
1. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing our Website, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of our Website is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
2. PROHIBITED USES. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of our Website. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of our Website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of our Website, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to our Website, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” or (d) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human- perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing our Website. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
5. USER CONTENT. You grant us a license to use any materials you post to our Website, if applicable. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to our Website, you are granting us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the internet business of us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that we may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on our Website, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
6. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. We have in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on our Website. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice containing all of the following information to our Copyright Agent:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
(d) Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Website is Shannon Koehler, who can be reached as follows:
Mailing Address: Hive Media Group LLC
Attn: Legal Department
1345 Encinitas Blvd, #828
Encinitas, CA 92024
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. PREDISPUTE NOTIFICATION AND MEDIATION. This Agreement provides for final, binding arbitration of all disputed claims (discussed immediately below). We and you agree, however, that it would be advantageous to discuss and hopefully resolve any disputes before arbitration proceedings or any other proceedings authorized herein are initiated. In the event of a dispute, you shall send a notice to us briefly summarizing the claim and the request for relief to the following email address: email@example.com. If the dispute is not resolved within 60 days after notice is sent, you may proceed to initiate arbitration proceedings or any other proceedings authorized herein.
9. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. Except to the limited extent noted below, any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of our Website shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures (collectively, the “Rules”). In the event of any conflict between the Rules and this Agreement, this Agreement shall govern.
Unless either party or the arbitrator requests a hearing, the parties will submit their arguments and evidence to the arbitrator in writing. The arbitrator will make an award based only on those documents. This is called a Desk Arbitration. If any party makes a written request for a hearing within 10 days after the American Arbitration Association acknowledges receipt of a claimant’s demand for arbitration (or the arbitrator requests a hearing), the parties shall participate in a telephone hearing. In no event shall any party be required to travel in order to participate in the arbitration.
If you decide to initiate arbitration, the American Arbitration Association will require you to pay an initial filing fee. Currently, this fee is $750 for claims under $75,000. If your filing fee is more than $750, we will reimburse you for any excess fee promptly after we receive notice of your arbitration. If the arbitrator ultimately rules in your favor, we will also reimburse you for the $750 initial filing fee.
This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and is enforceable pursuant to its terms on a self-executing basis. Either party may seek enforcement of this provision in any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall determine any and all challenges to the arbitrability of a claim.
Notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary, and with the exception of Desk Arbitrations, the Federal Rules of Evidence shall govern the admissibility of evidence in any arbitral proceeding.
The arbitral award shall be judicially enforceable. Any court of competent jurisdiction may, and upon request shall, enter judgment on the arbitral award. Either party may seek confirmation (judgment on the award) and/or enforcement of the award in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The arbitrator(s) shall not have the power to commit errors of law or legal reasoning, make clearly erroneous factual findings, or abuse his or her discretion, and the award may be vacated or corrected on appeal to a court of competent jurisdiction for any such error.
Both you and we waive the right to bring any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision as a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision brought by anyone else. Notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the claims of different persons into one proceeding.
If a proposed class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action is initiated notwithstanding the above prohibition and it is finally determined by the arbitrator (or a court of competent jurisdiction) that the waiver specified herein is not enforceable, then the arbitration proceedings shall be bifurcated as follows and notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary: (1) The issue of arbitrability shall be determined by the arbitrator pursuant to the applicable rules and substantive law. (2) Assuming the arbitrator concludes that the arbitration may proceed, said arbitration shall be stayed, and the issue of whether to certify any alleged or putative class for a class action (or other representative) proceeding shall be presented to and decided by a court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall not have authority or jurisdiction to decide class certification (or any similar representative action) issues. The decision to certify or not certify a class action (or to otherwise permit the action to proceed on a representative basis) shall be appealable in the judicial proceedings consistent with the rules and law governing the appeals of interlocutory decisions or class certification (or similar) rulings specifically, if appropriate. (3) Once any issues regarding class certification (and/or similar representative requirements) have been finally decided by the court, the arbitrator will have authority to decide the substantive claims on an individual or a class (or other representative) basis, as may be determined and directed by the court.
10. OPTING OUT OF THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. You may elect to opt out (exclude yourself) from the final, binding arbitration procedure and the class action waiver specified in this Agreement by doing the following: Within 30 days of signing up for our website, or submitting information to our website, whichever occurs first, you must send a notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that specifies (1) your name, (2) your mailing address and email address, and (3) your request to be excluded from the final, binding arbitration procedure and class action waiver specified in this Agreement. All other terms shall continue to apply, including the requirement to pre-dispute notification and mediation. Your notice must be received by the applicable 30-day deadline to be effective.
11. NO WARRANTIES. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. WE ARE MAKING OUR WEBSITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR WEBSITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING OUR WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OUR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY US. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action. EXCEPT FOR ANY REIMBURSABLE ARBITRATION FEES DESCRIBED BELOW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE US AND OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS FOR ANY CLAIM OR ACTION ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00 USD).
a. No License. Nothing contained on our Website should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by us or by any third party.
c. United States Use Only. Our Website is controlled and operated by us from its offices in the United States. We make no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to our Website should not be construed as us purposefully availing ourselves of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any country other than the United States.